Sunday, August 31, 2008

Accountable Kids


We have found a really neat program for children that teaches them about responsibility and consequences to our actions. Some people would call it a chore chart. We call it Accountable Kids or "Our Duties." The creators of Accountable Kids are actually friends of ours. We have had our program for a few months. But I needed to wait until I was completely ready to present it to Jakob and follow through with the whole program. I am so glad I didn't jump the gun.


In fact as we speak, I;m pretty sure Jakob is going to lose his first "ticket" for not following the rules. He keeps getting out of bed. Tickets are the reward for completing your duties. You can turn in a ticket for special privileges (TV, Videos, Computer, etc.)


I think it will be really neat! I'm sure you'll hear more about it as time goes on. You can learn more about it on the Accountable Kid's Website.

No comments: