Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jakob's Trip Up North

Jakob is up north with Grandma and Grandpa Baron, Aunt Larissa and her kids. He is doing well. Last night (18th) he struggled a lot before he fell asleep. Leif ended up doing story time and the rhyming game over the phone as Jakob tried to calm down. But he really struggled and brought me to tears as he cried that he wanted Mama to hold him. I sang to him as we both had tears rolling down our cheeks (Did You Think To Pray, Mama Loves Her Baby, Climbin' Up The Mountin, Blue Skys, I Love To See The Temple, etc.) He finally fell asleep while I sang to him. It was a sad but precious moment. Hopefully tonight is better.

I wrote that on the 18th and added a bit today. Jakob has done very well on his trip. It was a last minute decision to send him. We don't talk to him a whole lot because it gets him a bit homesick. We miss him a lot. But it has been a blessing because I am Very Sick and I don't want him to get sick. And it would be hard to rest if he were here. He'll be home tomorrow. Hopefully I feel better.

From what we've been told Jakob hasn't even had a potty accident while on the trip. Good Job Jakob!!:)

No comments: