Friday, October 28, 2011

October Home School Review

HUMAN BODY:
What are the five senses? "That's easy. sight smell taste and touch, what is it..."  Hearing, "ahh I just forgot my ears."
What is the blood pump for the body? "Uhh, heart."
What is the difference between a vein and an artery? Do you remember talking with papa? "I don't remember it was a grown up talk." You remember, we have a heart and there are two things.. "oh yeah, one pumped back and one pumped forth, that's the difference."

Native Americans:
What is another name for Indians? "Native Americans."
Name two types of NA Houses: "Tepee and a mud fort, one of those kind of mud things they put mud on" They're called pueblos.
Name two important animals for the NA: "Sheep, goats, horses, that's three of them" you're missing one. Think about their clothes. "Buffalo".
Name an important weapon: "Bow and arrow, spear, tomahawk."

Pirates:
When was the golden age of pirates? "1600's" early or late? "late".
Who did Captain Hook despise? "Peter Pan".
Is there anything else about pirates you want to add? :"They had massive guns and massive ships and they're really rude."

Classic: What did the ant and other small creatures teach us? "That small can think big, ugg I don't know how to explain it." That small... "can do big."

Davy Crockett: Who considered Davy their friend? "The Indians and his friend I don't remember his name." What about the other people in the government? "Some did and some didn't." Who didn't like him? "that's a hard question because he was a famous guy. The only one's I can say is the Indians at first."

Gospel Studies: What is your program part? "Ohhh, I'm not going to say it if this is going on my blog. Why? ... attitude...
"I gave my book of Mormon to my friend and he really liked it and I invited him to church and I liked it and so did he."

Ice Man: What was the Ice Man's special and unusual tool? "Ahh, some kind of ax, a golden bronze ax?" It was a COPPER ax.

Columbus: What year did Columbus sail? "1492 Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492."

Overall:
In this months books and everything what was your favorite subject? "I liked the pirates most. I didn't like math."

No comments: