Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm A Fan Of This Kid!

Jakob loves to try out new words. The other day he was playing on a toy outside and he called out to me "I'm a fan of this toy!" What he was saying was that he really enjoyed the toy. I realized that we must declare whether we're a fan of this or that quite often in our home.

It's been a while since I've posted something on Jakob's blog. So much has happened. Jakob started Kindergarten. We withdrew Jakob from public school. Now Jakob has school at home. Most of the time he enjoys it, and is enjoyable. Other times he doesn't and he isn't. The days that he is most difficult are usually Mondays, Thursdays, or the first few days after a sick week. So that just tells me that Jakob requires steady routine. So we try.

Jakob also started dance this season. Unfortunately, finances forced us to live more within our means. So we had to take Jakob out of dance. I still struggle with that. I hope it wasn't a big mistake! Dance was good for him. I have organized a play group a couple of times a week as well as a Joy School friend a couple of times a week. So he definitely isn't lacking in socializing. We hope to turn one of the play group days into a dance activity. Hopefully soon.

So, those are the technical updates with Jakob. I'll post soon with some of the fun things he's said or done lately.

No comments: