Thursday, June 19, 2008

Found the Perfect Vitamins for My Three Year Old

I have always given Jakob vitamins. I've stayed away from the general vitamins you buy at the store. I've tried to use vitamins that use as few artificial ingredient as possible. But I have never paid the price for the Perfect Kids Vitamins. I've decided that I am going to pay for the health that they will provide.

It's crazy to give Jakob vitamins if his body won't absorb them (that is what happens with synthetic vitamins) and it's even more ridiculous to give him vitamins with harmful ingredients. The only answer for really good vitamins are whole food vitamins. A supplement that is made from whole food ingredients with no artificial sweeteners or artificial colors.

I've looked around for a while and I've determined that I'm most impressed by Dr. Sears children's supplements. I will be using both the Little Champions - Children’s Multivitamin Soft Chews and the GO FISH Children’s Omega-3 DHA Liquid (I can give the liquid Omegas to my infant when he is six months.)

I am really excited about Dr. Sears' Omega supplement. Omega's are really good for A Lot of things! I know they have helped me. They are a metabolism booster as well as an anti inflammatory. This is what Dr. Sears says about them:

http://www.askdrsears.com/

"Go Fish™ Brainy Kidz Omega-3 DHA natural fruit-based soft chews are a safe, great tasting and effective way to provide your little ones optimal levels of DHA to ensure proper growth, brain development, mood, focus, and cognitive functions.

Supports Learning Capacity*
Supports Focus and Behavior*
Supports Cognitive Function*
Supports Vision Development*"

I don't need much more convincing then that!

The multi vitamin is great too! Dr. Sears says it better then I can:

www.AskDrSears.com

"Ideally, children should receive the vitamins and minerals they need for proper growth and development from a diet rich in "Grow Foods” (veggies, grains, fish, fruit, salads, and cereals). However, many children can be extremely picky when it comes to what they’ll eat and this added to today’s hectic lifestyles can make it difficult for you as a parent to consistently get your children to eat balanced meals packed with vitamins and minerals. The daily use of a high quality children’s multivitamin supplement such as our Little Champions natural soft chews is a convenient way to avoid any nutrient shortfalls and provide additional nutritional insurance for your children’s health.

Little Champions is the first and only pediatrician-designed children’s multivitamin to utilize “Natural Fruit-Based Soft Chew Technology” without the use of artificial colors or flavors – just real wholesome goodness. Each non-abrasive, non-gelatin soft chew is bursting with natural tart berry flavor that appeals to every child’s sense of taste and enriched with the right balance of essential vitamins and minerals a growing child needs, at levels set forth by the Institute of Medicine."

I'm really not trying to be a salesmen! I just wanted to let you all know about the great vitamins I found since we talk about what we can do to nourish our kids quite often. They are on the pricier side. But Dr. Sears usually has some type of discount going on. Or you could look online for an outlet online nutrition store.

No comments: